Thursday, February 26, 2009

PlasmaCar: Out of this World Ride-On

I found the perfect ride-on for kids and even fun-loving adults! PlasmaCar! It is this space-age looking ride-on that is powered by Kid Energy. Nope, I am not talking about foot-power Flintstone-style. You actually put your feet up on the footpads, then you swivel the steering wheel left and right. And there you go - the car is powered by that action and starts moving!

Here you can see me with my little one riding it in the house. It's so easy to steer, I can easily maneuver it in my living room! But, do take note - PlasmaCar is not recommended for use on hardwood or laminate flooring.

The PlasmaCar can hold up to approximately 220 pounds on a smooth surface. So I can easily ride with my 1 year old until he gets the dexterity needed. But 3 year olds can ride it with EASE! My niece was zooming around the Daytime studio in it! You can also see Cyndi the host riding it at the very end of my Daytime segment. Click Here for Daytime Segment.

There are wonderful colors to choose from, we have the purple. There is also red, pink, blue, green and yellow. And you can buy parts as needed from PlasmaCar.com.

What I love about PlasmaCar:
  • Durable - it can withstand being ridden on by me, my niece and my kids!
  • Simple - simple move the steering wheel and the PlasmaCar is powered by inertia, centrifugal force, gravity, and friction.
  • No pedals - so it is a great beginner ride-on
  • No batteries - Ride-ons nowadays seem like they have to impress us with moving, singing and beeping. Then we are replacing four D batteries every week. But there are NO batteries in PlasmaCar
The boys and I ride the PlasmaCar daily. It is the most fun ride-on we have in the house. And I love that it will take them FOREVER to outgrow it. I mean, when exactly are they going to weigh the maximum weight limit (on a smooth surface) of 220? The only person in the house too big to use it is my bodybuilding husband. I think he weighs 265?

But, don't just take my word for it! It has also won these awards recognizing it for it's unique qualities:
  • Toy Portfolio Gold Seal Award
  • Today's Parent Top Toy List
  • Canadian's Toy Association Hot Toys of the Holiday Season
  • 2003 Gold Star Toy Award
But don't just take my word on it. See what other real moms are saying!

Jenna from For the Love of Baby:
"Kelsie loves outdoor time and the PlasmaCar will add to her fun we have outside as a family."

Susan from Life in a House of Blue:
"As a mom of 3 very active boys the PlasmaCar is a great toy to burn off that extra energy."

Samantha from As They Grow Up:
"My 2 year old drives it around the house and even my husband and I have been on it a few times. Not to mention that our daughters use it every chance they get."

Heather from Grab Bag Reviews:
"The Plasma Car sits nice and low to the ground and this means even my 15 month old enjoys it!"

You can purchase a PlasmaCar for only $69.95! Just visit PlasmaCar.com and choose your child's (and your) favorite color. Honestly, I will be getting another one for my household so both boys can ride together. It is a perfect holiday or birthday gift! The must-have ride-on for every household!

PlasmaCar
is a PlayDate Pick!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a totally awesome ride-on. I am gonna check it our more.

    ReplyDelete

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket